申请的 FAFSA is the most important step you can take to achieve an affordable education.
To be considered for need-based aid, nearly all colleges and universities require the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA determines your eligibility for federal and state grants and loans, as well as need-based aid from Beacon and select other programs.
No application is needed to apply for 灯塔的大学’s limited merit-based financial aid awards. These awards are based on a review of your application and supporting materials.
If you currently receive aid or wish to be considered for aid, you must 提交新的FAFSA 每学年3月1日截止. Contact Beacon’s Office of 金融援助 for help.
- Do not wait to be admitted to Beacon to file the FAFSA.
- You can submit your FAFSA for the upcoming year beginning 10月1日.
- Collect and have ready necessary documents/information:
- 学生/家长可使用 数据检索工具 to expedite completion of their FAFSA
- Social Security Number or Permanent Resident Card
- W-2 records for each job worked this year (for both student and parents/guardians)
- Income tax information (for both student and parents/guardians)
- Create your student and parent Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) — needed to electronically sign your FAFSA — at http://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch.
- Your ID allows you to begin, resume and/or make corrections later
- 父母 must create their own FSA ID – Do not use the same FSA ID as your student
- 教程视频 to assist you in creating an FSA ID
- Two helpful guides are available to help you:
- Complete and submit your FAFSA for free at studentaid.政府.
- The FAFSA should always match the next year you’ll be in college and attending classes (For Fall 2024, use the 2024-2025 FAFSA; for Spring 2024, 使用2023-2024年FAFSA)
- When you file, be sure to include Beacons’ 联邦学校代码:033733
If the FAFSA does not cover any recent change in your family’s financial situation, 比如失业, 离婚或家庭成员死亡), please contact Beacon’s 金融援助 Office. You can schedule a convenient time at: http://calendly.com/beaconcollegeadmissions/financial-aid-meeting. (Please be sure to complete your 灯塔的大学 Application and FAFSA prior to scheduling a consultation so that we can best assist you!)
The FAFSA now uses tax income information from two years prior. If you filed your taxes electronically, you can now automatically upload your IRS tax return information directly to the FAFSA using the IRS数据检索工具.
You can find the 2023-2024 verification forms 在线这里. Forms for 2023-2024 will be available shortly.
Only the FAFSA can provide accurate aid information. However, Beacon’s 净价计算器 (NPC) can help you get a better sense of your actual costs. The NPC is a federal standard for estimating your college expenses as a first-time, 全职学生.
Note: Because the NCP requires much of the same information needed to file the FAFSA, many families find it faster and easier to simply file the FAFSA.
Once you’ve submitted your FAFSA, what happens next?
- A Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided on the FAFSA about 3-5 days after submission. This same information also is sent to Beacon and any other college you indicated on the FAFSA. Your SAR features a summary of your FAFSA and a calculation of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which is the number used to calculate your federal student aid eligibility. Review your SAR to see if any corrections or additional information is needed. You can also access your SAR at fafsa.政府.
- Some students are selected by the federal 政府ernment to participate in the verification process. If you are selected (which will be indicated on your SAR), you will need to submit all requested documents to Beacon’s Office of 金融援助 to verify the data supplied on your FAFSA as well as a Verification Form.
- Beacon will produce a 金融援助 Award Notification using your FAFSA results. It will display your itemized costs and aid. It also will outline payment options and other helpful resources.
- A Beacon financial aid representative will call you to discuss your award and any concerns or questions you may have.